Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jamie Hays

Personally, I don't have alot of experience using blogs. I do think that it is interesting and I hope to use it now that I have created an account. I think that blogs would be useful for education by allowing you to communicate with the teacher and other students. If you have questions about an assignment then you can ask your teacher and peers for help. In my opinion, using blogs isn't necessary to use in the classrooms, but I wouldn't say that it is a waste of time. It is a great way to communicate with the class without having to call or set up office visits.

The ways that I can use technology ideas to support my curriculum and student learners is by using blogs to post assignments up for my students. I can communicate with my students by emailing and blogging them and answer any questions that might have about the assignment. I can also post videos and notes that pertain to an assignment for my class.

5 comments:

  1. I think you have some good points. I don't see how using a blog would be any better or easier than using email to communicate with students and/or teachers. However I am interested in learning about ways to include technology in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to blogs also. I agree with you that blogs would be a good communication tool for assignments and questions.I think it would save alot of time for both the students and the teacher by eliminating any misunderstandings. I like your ideas on how to incorporate blogs in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. References:

    Crismond, David, Howland, Jane, Jonassen, David, Marra, Rose M.(2008). Meaningful Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I am new at this to but I think I am getting better at it. It is kinda like anything else in that you just have to practice. I agree with you when you say that blogging in the classroom will be a useful learning tool. I agree that blogging is also a good way to communicate with your students as well as students communicating with other students.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to bloggings as well so I understand where you are coming from. I also feel that this is a great way for teachers and students to communicate with one another outside of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete